JUKEBOX

Monday, June 21, 2010

06.21.2010; Just a little late

[06.18.2010]

First, yesterday, I got a call from L.T. at the FWISD art office about an art teacher resigning from the high school near our house, Eastern Hills High School. After a few minutes of calling everyone I knew to get my resume and stuff to the principal I got an interview set up for Friday. Had the interview at 1:45pm and knew by the end of day that I got the job.Later that night, had an amazing night of beer, dairy queen, beer, performances by Doggebi and ClearSpot, with a nice performance by HIO at 1919 Hemphill, then more beer with friends at HIO's favorite hangout, Ye Olde Bull and Bush Pub in Fort Worth.

[06.19.2010]

Didn't do much except watch TCU put the beatdown on FSU at the college world series then picked Ken up and headed out to the Phoenix Project in Dallas for another performance. Ate dinner at Vietnam, then had some beer in the parking lot of the P.P......We went on first so I could come home to get some rest before leaving town for Montgomery. So we missed everyone else's.

[06.20.2010]

A 10 hour trip only took me 13.5 hours. Left a little late but the drive was fine until I got about 5 miles east of Shreveport, Louisiana and I had a flat tire. 98%, 105% with the heat index, and 110% on the blacktop of I-20 where I had the pleasure of unloading the trunk and having to change out the tire. Nearest place to get a new tire, 22 miles further down the road in Rustin, Louisana, the most depressing Walmart I've been in. I thought they were going out of business when I first walked in from the tire and lube department.
After that the drive was long, but nice. I hate the long drive but I like driving through cities like Yazoo City, Uniontown, etc... Unfortunately, I was so ready to be out of the car I didn't take the time to stop and take photographs as I passed through these towns.

[06.21.2010]

Relaxing day in "the Gump". Woke up early and enjoyed some coffee. Worked on some artwork/poetry, worked on a new instrument a little bit
Before
After
and thought about cleaning the attic out; that was quickly dismissed upon climbing the stairs and realizing how hot it was/is. Rooth decided to hire someone to come out and clean the attic while I supervise what is being thrown away and kept. Another reason I won't live in a neighborhood with a homeowners association, they will not let her place a dumpster out front so we can clean the attic. What happens when someone wants to do a large remodel. I guess that won't happen. Watched Federer almost lose in the first round of Wimbledon. Currently watching some college world series baseball.

No comments:

Post a Comment